Friday, March 26, 2010

The UrbanPill Experience


As a single mother, it is important to stay on top of my children's interests and activities. I do not go to as the extremes as some parents who snoop around their offspring's personal lives, but I like to stay informed by having insightful conversations with my kids daily.

One interesting piece of tidbit I learned from my teenage son is this brand new site called UrbanPill. I was alarmed at first when I learned about the title, but the misunderstanding soon clarified itself. UrbanPill is actually an online news site, focusing on the events happening in major Canadian cities Toronto and Vancouver. Members can contribute advice and recommendations about a variety of topics, including music, movies, finance, technology, and even health issues!

It is interesting that I heard about this site from my son. While UrbanPill is geared towards a younger demographics due to its youthful vibe, I was pleasantly surprised at the eloquence and usefulness of the content. In fact, I think the (slightly) older adults can also benefit from the site, as the members in the community also participate in some insightful discussions about serious topics like religion and politics.

The members in this community are obviously great role models for young people. I am happy that my son discovered UrbanPill, and I also intend to follow this site from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment